FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:52 pm
MDtR-Chicago
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Holiday Inn ROSSLYN @ KEY BRIDGE

Holiday Inn ROSSLYN @ KEY BRIDGE
Arlington, Virginia - Washington, DC Area

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked "1 King Bed Executive Nonsmoking" - they tried to find a suite for an upgrade but couldn't free one up; got a corner room but it was the same as the regular rooms

500 points for the amenity posted

How are the rooms?
Loud. I could clearly hear the unhappy person in the next room coughing late into the evening, as well as planes landing at DCA. Room was in good condition and overall clean but found some stray hairs.

On the positive side, there was a nice balcony on the room, so I could get some fresh air.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A. Had breakfast in the top floor restaurant with panoramic views. Food was ok; staff went out of their way to make sure everyone was happy. As I recall, breakfast was $9.95.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
  • GREAT tourism location - 2 blocks to the Metro then 2 stops to the White House
  • Lots of FREE parking
  • Employees everywhere

Bad:
  • Room was loud
  • The whole property a little worn
  • No night time convenience store nearby and no options within the hotel (I asked for an aspirin and the suggestion was to wait until the morning?)

The secret to the parking garage: There are three levels and they are NOT connected to each other! The top level garage entrance, around the corner from the lobby entrance, had far more open parking spots than the main entrance next to the lobby.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Rate was under $80 on the weekend - would definitely consider again for a tourism stay.