FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Damage to hire car that I absolutely did not cause - Sixt trying to charge me.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 1:13 pm
danilobr

Originally Posted by seawolf
Are you applying German or US labour rates with this comment? Remember, parts and labour are not provided at cost, there's also a profit component to it by whoever Sixt farms out the work to.

On my damage claim, it was 318EUR for the rim, 148EUR for the tire or about 450EUR for parts. Labour was EUR350 not 500EUR (little more than 2 hours @ EUR160/hour). Then there's also 19% tax bringing the total to shy of 1,000EUR.

Can the find a cheaper body shop to do similar work? Sure but they are more than likely charging manufacturer parts/labor rates which would still be considered reasonable by industry standards.
Hello, thanks for your observations!

Yes, I have received an itemized bill (from GKK Gutachten GmbH).

Although it is written in German, I see that the Alu rim itself cost EUR 247 plus a sensor EUR 55 (not sure if sensor is reusable). There is also a significant cost ELEKTRONISCHE FAHRWERKSVERMESSUNG EUR 213.00.

The total amount charged is EUR 742.00 and the contracted LDW excess was EUR 850,00.

I can't tell much about the need of all items, since all was filled under Engineer appraisal (EUR 25 fee for engineer by the way) and I am just a common user. In Brazil some would just repair these scratches for max EUR 50,00 or if it was a rental company, they would just leave as it is and repair before selling the car for example.

I have participated from other rentals from sixt, but this one was first time in my name, and unfortunately the first time I had faced a problem with them. Customer service was always very helpful, this time I had a problem with payment on handover, but they were able to resolve by e-mail and I could keep the car I booked.

Seems that customer service is online here as well, so lets see what happens next;