FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rank the Lounges!
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:44 am
joppiesaus

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HasteFlier
Reporting back after my flight: I loved the lounge! I'd say it's one of the best schengen lounges I've been to. The design is nice, and the food options are excellent, as are the views over the tarmac. The nap rooms are very nice as well.
The only improvable point would be the wines (except the cava which I liked very much), which were average at best.

In general very, very nice experience - i'll definitely consider connecting at BRU next time there's a decent fare for an intra-schengen flight
I must have gone to a different SN lounge as I only recall being in a bitsy lounge directly next to some Schengen gates at BRU. Beer was great but the food was so sad (prepackaged cheese sandwiches). I'll have to check it out the next time I connect on SN!

Other lounges, from my own limited experience:

SK: The upper level at CPH *A has kept me comfortable for longer layovers. Though the wine wasn't that great, a constant restock of roasted salmon and nice seats next to a fireplace were always nice. I also really liked the LHR lounge before it closed down.

LH: Have been the most consistent across SEN lounges. I'm partial to the non-Schengen MUC lounge though. Have never experienced any of the FCT services though...

UA: Was pleasantly surprised in the new LHR United Club. I have unpleasant memories of a malfunctioning printer at EWR -- and was curtly told to fax my Germanwings boarding pass as a PDF to a free fax service because the fax machine was the only bit working at the EWR UA Club business center

TP: A few years ago, I had a nice experience passing the time in the LIS lounge that I believe is still being renovated. No windows, but the service, food, and drink options were just great.

LX: I've only ever been to the lounge at ZRH. The bar upstairs is pretty fantastic if you've got time to kill. The food is always just okay IMO but I look always forward to a glass of Rivella.

Not tied to a carrier, but I remember having nice pastries at the *A Lounge at CDG. It's a bit cramped and can get crowded at times, but I did like the fact that they had an outdoor terrace area.