FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bidding for biz seats
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:52 am
Saturne-79

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor
Originally Posted by intuition
4. I am getting the same rating for different segments so the bids and their star-rating clearly has nothing to do with the current load factor, existing bids or anything like that. They are just price-points set by Finnair.
I am guessing that at T-7 days, Finnair will scan the bids and accept the bids if they either are
a) silly high
or
b) they are risking an oversold situation and there are decent bids from flyers they want to upgrade.
The actual process is hidden - Finnair only says "there are a number of factors that decides if your bid is accepted."

[/INDENT]
I have an upcoming flight to JFK and I was offered this bidding for J class. When I checked what are the options, both flights had a different rating for the bids: outbound on Friday was from 278€ up to 599€ and inbound on Tuesday was 399€ til 499€.
So, they really are checking the load factor and their revenue management is doing a lot of calculations for this.... Now, just lets see if my bid will go through....

EDIT: My bidding for 312€/seat for 2 pax was not enough for Finnair

Last edited by Saturne-79; Feb 29, 2016 at 9:31 am Reason: more info