FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold seat selection for other travellers - process change?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 6:57 am
darthlemsip

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and to the BA forum TravelBoys. It's good to see you here, and I very much hope that you will continue to be active in this online community.

I suspect - and certainly my own bookings work this way - that if the GCH had made the booking and then allocated you a seat, there would have been no problem. It's long been the case that on the Embraer 190 that row 2C/D is a Gold perk, but if they head the booking they can put their travel companion with them. GCH can also ring up to TCP unrelated bookings as shown upthread.

The slight problem with this is that if the service is being adjusted for trim at T-72 hours, then the SCH is regarded as fair game for a seat shift, whereas the Gold will probably not be shifted. On the other hand if there are no trim issues then at that point you - as a Silver - can selected 2C/D if available.
That's not the case I'm afraid C-W-S, I made all the bookings for Mrs Lem and I and she can no longer sit in an exit row. Could do up until a couple of weeks ago, but when this 'glitch' (which is starting to sound more and more like a policy change given what CR are telling people) appeared, we were moved out of all our exit row seats