FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to handle DSLR when traveling
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:46 pm
Pausanias

I take a reasonably heavy amount of kit with me on most trips = a Canon EOS 6D with two or three lenses. I always use a classic Billingham bag - I have two of them and the largest takes all my kit and a laptop as well. Most of the time I just carry my Canon camera with a 24-105mm lens on my shoulder without a bag unless rain is forecast. But if I know I will need a specific lens, such as my 12-24mm for the Roman forum last month, or the 70-300mm for Luanda last December, I'll take everything in the Bellingham bag. Security is an issue almost everywhere these days - you are as likely to be robbed in London as you are in, say, Honduras, so I just keep my eyes open which all photographers do anyway.

Of course there are great compact cameras out there. It all depends on your priorities. For restaurants and such like you might think of getting a small compact as well as a DSLR. Less conspicuous.

I also have a Nikon D3300 which I think is a brilliant, lightweight DSLR which I'll be taking on my next trip to the Caribbean.

Last edited by Pausanias; Feb 20, 2016 at 2:52 am