FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Belarus transit visa question
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:25 pm
Barciur

Belarus transit visa question

Hello,

I am planning a trip from Poland to Russia to Kazakhstan by rail, then fly to Minsk and return to Poland by rail again. As I found out from the visa center, I will only get a double entry visa to Russia if I have a visa to Kazakhstan and tickets and hotels booked to Kazakhstan. Problem is, I will be using a US passport to get into Kazakhstan to avoid the visa hassle, so no luck there.

I do not want to get a Russian visa into the US passport because it costs $160 more to do so (even though it is multiple entry and 3 years validity as opposed to the Polish one, but I've decided it is not worth it). So I figured that I'd like to fly directly from Kazakhstan to Minsk, spend a full day in Minsk and then travel by rail to Poland or Ukraine and then to Poland.

Does anybody know if the Belarussian transit visa will allow me this sort of transit? if it's a double entry, it is assumed that it will only be checked at the Polish-Belarussian border both ways, as there is no controls between Russia and Belarus. BUT my plan is to enter visa Brest by rail and then enter again at Minsk, only then proceed to exit either to Poland or Ukraine. Will this be a problem or is this scenario legal?