FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enter Canada with DUI
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:11 am
Section 107

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by billdozer12
Yes - it was a stupid college mistake - but it's the only thing on my record and no one was harmed.

My problem is the TRP process. They'll deny me entry at first, and make me go through the process. However, I don't have (what I think, at least) is a "significant" reason to enter Canada - just a ski trip that we've had planned for a few months.

I have quite a bit of family in Canada and have been granted entry twice since my conviction in 2007. Not sure if that matters.

Any advice? Should I cancel my trip? It's in 50 days, so there probably isn't enough time to apply for the TRP through the Consulate ahead of time.

Thanks!
Call the consulate and ask them about your situation and processing times - time might not be an issue at all.

Your justification is to visit family - which they have apparently accepted twice since your conviction - and to contribute significant support to the Canadian economy by visiting one of their ski resorts.

Your record of past visits to Canada with no "troubles", and (hopefully) record of no new troubles in your home country, should show that you present no danger to Canadian citizens and residents.

Your demonstrated record of entering and leaving Canada as promised on previous visits, I think, should be enough to convince them you will honor those promises this time, as well.