FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 master thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:37 pm
WorldWideWolfie

Programs: BAEC Silver // Miles&Smiles Elite // LATAM Pass Black
For anyone interested, I've just booked a couple of TP runs that I needed to get to Gold before 8th April, so have tacked these on to my exCPH HNL run (not fantastic TP value, but I'm running out of time)

16FEB | £2.02/TP | £242 | 120 | LGW-MAD-BCN-MAD-LHR | I/I/I/I/I | expedia.co.uk | IB/BA (12th/13th March). Managed to book the A330 w/lie flats for the BCN-MAD leg, which I'm happy about (albeit for a short flight).

16FEB | £2.92/TP | £701 | 240 | LHR-HEL-ARN-HEL-LHR | I/I/I/I/I | priceline.com | AY (19th Feb - day trip immediate turnaround). Again, managed to book the A340 w/lie flats for the LHR-HEL leg. Seems like AY run an A340 on Mondays & Fridays.

Does anyone have any tips on a HEL-ARN-HEL immediate turnaround?

Just to summarise what it took to book these, I toyed with Matrix and Google Flights for a good amount of time, trying to get the itinerary that I wanted, but booking them was more problematic. Each OTA I tried didn't give me exactly what I saw on GF or Matrix, and AY's website is pretty dire. Not wanting to call, I found something called ITA Matrix Power Tools, which if I'm honest is genuinely genius! It allows you to go to multiple OTA's and check out if you can book the itinerary that you've found on GF/Matrix through them...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...serscript.html - It covers several well known OTA's, which are a bit US centric, however, also links into Farefreaks (which I have just discovered), which then allows you to go to Expedia, Opodo etc on multiple countries sites - which is how I booked the MAD/BCN trip.

Not to clutter this thread, but i'd recommend it for people (like myself) who are new to the TP thanggg and want to make life easier booking these awesome/obscure routes