FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stay not posted?
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:37 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by donotblink
One thing you could do in the future, is have your spouse add you as an authorized user on their credit card. This way the hotel sees that you have provided a form of payment under your name, but the bill could go to the party that wants to pay.

I'm sure someone on this forum will fame me, as this could be considered a violation of the T&C of the program, but it seems like it would create an easy fix to this problem if it were to occur in the future.
Actually, SPG should have no clue if your are an authorized user on the member's CC, and I hope the CC does not release that info. At least all cards that I have seen only list the user's name and does not show the account holder's name. Some FDCs use to state no credit if you used a corporate card that had their name on it.

It's not reported, but I'm guessing the spouse's last name did not match the member and that prompted the FDC to flag the account. With a little luck SPG will correct this event. Personally, I rarely stop by the front desk when leaving. If the bill (viewed on TV, eMail, or under the door) is correct, there's usually no need. This is especially the case if I'm parked outside the back/side door.