FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:37 pm
winnipegrev

Originally Posted by bimmerdriver
As of Feb 1st, I flew what will probably be my last flight in the J cabin of a 777HD. I blew all of my remaining 2015 eupgrade credits to upgrade from PE to J for a YVR-LHR segment. (I took a 4 month break from travel last fall so I did not make SE100K for 2016. As of the end of February, I'll be E50, so no more international upgrades.)

My last impression of the 777HD J cabin was no different than the first. I consider the 777HD aircraft to be a symbolic middle upraised finger from AC to its customers, and in particular, its YVR based customers, who get stuck with this <EXPLETIVES DELETED> aircraft for so many routes. The only tolerable seats in this aircraft are the PE cabin. Fortunately, at least for now, the company I work for will pay for PE, so hopefully I'll be able to stick to my vow to never fly in the Y cabin.

It's fitting for me to press the submit button for this post using my index finger. FU AC.
In the next 2-3 months AC will have replaced all the 777HD seats with 787 pods so that would also have spelled an end to it had you remained SE.

If you think AC is giving a middle finger to its customers knowing the above, it'll be interesting to hear what you think of Swiss beginning to take delivery of a brand new fleet of 77Ws with AC's old HD-style J seat.