FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Luxury Hotel
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:59 pm
BENLEE

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by mumum17
Well i beg to differ, but then that is why our forum is so great.

We were there last March (yes, not the height of tourist season, but there during the St. Patrick festivities). first off, I don't know why you say it wasn't even close to luxury? I hope you are not talking about the Taj's other hotel right next to the Buckingham Gate (as the Buckingham Gate is hidden behind the gate off the street)?
Anyways, we were there in a Falconers' suite that was absolutely massive. there were only a few rooms per floor. The building, floors and room were impeccable in cleanliness. The service from the front desk, to the restaurant staff was as good as our experience in Paris at the FS George V (that we went to a week later), if not better. The reason for this was that our daughter, 9 yrs old, was truly treated like a princess (got gifts, mentioned once that she wanted a certain kind of waffle, the next day she was surprised with it). My daughter, went so far as to insist buying some chocolates as a gift to the Concierge when we left.
The touristy part is close (like a five + min walk). However, we never had that feeling of being surrounded by them at all as the hotel is on a narrow small stretch of street. Infact, in the evenings, it felt that there were more locals walking by as they went to local food/pub establishments. Even the Hotel's Mercedes airport service was very pleasant. Actually, one way was comped via a Virtuoso package (great as its almost a hour from Heathrow).

The food was great, especially there Indian restaurant Quilon. Also their 24 Karat high tea experience was a highlight of my wife.

As I said, we all may have different experiences, but ours was great. A true 5* when compared to many places we have stayed talked on this forum.
Originally Posted by Valveking
We stayed here with our kids in a two bedroom Falconers suite about a year ago and had a great experience as well. Only downside was the very small bathrooms in our suite. Otherwise, we had a flawless stay.

Are we talking about this property? http://www.taj51buckinghamgate.co.uk/