FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:50 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lfyang
Hi, it will be my first time to try GUC, planning to apply it for SIN-NRT-MSP-RDU route. I called Delta and was told I could only be waitlisted at this moment. I was also told that SIN-NRT and NRT-MSP are not considered separately (both DL616, only change equipment at NRT), so there's no risk that I get cleared for one but don't get another. Any prior experiences from fellow members?
Then later if I get updates, I guess I can still call Delta to extend the upgrade to MSP-RDU?
Thanks!
Correct. However of the flip side us that unless upgrade space opens on DL616SIN-MSP that you won't get upgraded. If it opens on DL616SIN-NRT and DL616NRT-MSP but not DL616SIN-MSP youll never be upgraded. Thus there's the possibility that people flying just the individual segments get upgraded while you don't.