FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mommy Points - Chase Affiliate Links Ending
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:10 pm
CodeAdam10

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Isn't that exactly what the angry readers advocated for years ago? ^
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Yep...the link takes you to the thread with the direct CC links in the Wiki and gives credit/link to FlyerTalk. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
In what alternate universe is doing the right thing "disingenuous"?

In my universe, doing the right thing is just what it sounds like -- doing the right thing.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
She linked to this FlyerTalk thread. And there's a subset of people who criticize? **scratches head in confusion**
Linking to Flyertalk is not the new motto for this blog. Affiliate links are being pumped for other cards where a commission is available. MommyPoints chose not to link (even once) to the Marriott offer to make it 'easier' for her readers.

As posted earlier ... an example of another (recent) blog post where a commission is available:

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Right. Compare that to a post 2 days ago about the (targeted) AmEx Plat 100k offer... http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/...num-cardmatch/

I count at least 3 direct (affiliate) links to creditcards.com CardMatch, encouraging people to click-through to see if they qualify. Completely different tone for commission vs no commission. Petty.
If this isn't a double-standard based on commission or no-commission, then what is it?