FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Member Seeking Advice [Credit Cards]
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:39 pm
Heel

Originally Posted by garykung
No problem. Per your OP:

1. AMEX imposes 1 per lifetime limit for opening bonus. So there is no rush at all.

2. A FR is likely to be triggered if you push for further applications, as AMEX would like to know its exposure.

3. You have 3 HPs from the same issuer too recently.

AMEX might still be able to approve additional cards. But it will not be wise to push it. Beside, you can try other issuers as well.

Recently, many issuers take aggressive measures to prevent churning. This is why you have to understand the necessity for not going too far.

Also - supplement to my OP, you really need to have a plan.

Thank you for the input. You're right, I wouldn't want to go through an FR with AMEX or burn any bridges with them as I am very satisfied with the level of service I receive from their company. I agree that I should probably let my relationship with AMEX build a little longer before I attempt to open another line of credit through them.

I really would like to take advantage of a large expense that I am going to incur in the next few months. With MR transfer partners in mind, I could diversify and sign up with a different lender that compliments MR's transfer capabilities. Would something like the CSP or Citi Premier be good options? Or the hotel cards referenced in this thread?