FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Optimum order for 5 card apporama
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:39 pm
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by newgraduate2013
1. Is the order of application correct/optimized for odds of approval? I really need the first 3, but perhaps the Fidelity one should be applied AFTER the Quicksilver to maximize BOTH begin approved? Should I swap ii and iv assuming Discover is not as strict as Capital One for Quicksilver while STILL getting approved for both?
Your call. They are all from different issuers. So it will be a matter of how fast will the HP hit the credit report.

You may want to consider the multiple browser trick.

2. What are the chances that I will be rejected by any of them because I am not a U.S. Citizen?
None. Citizenship is not a consideration factor.

3. What are the chances that I will be rejected by any of them because I will be applying for all of them within a span of few minutes on same day?
It is possible, depending on how fast the HP hit the report.

This is why the multiple browser trick may work.

4. How is recon for these cards? Which ones are very picky (Won't be applying for another Chase card in 2 years)
I don't think you will have a chance of recon, as the reason for the denial will be too much HPs.

5. Would "send $ to a friend" through PayPal be a foolish way of meeting min spend on these credit cards? (Send as friend to room-mate and she withdraws to her bank?)
In that case, why not using PayPal Here?