FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring balance from a Canadian Starbucks card to American card. Possible?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:32 am
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Transferring balance from a Canadian Starbucks card to American card. Possible?

I was given a couple of not-insignificant-in-value Starbucks cards. I added the cards to my iPhone app and then sought to transfer the balances to my Starbucks Gold card. I got a message that said since these were Canadian cards the balances could not be transferred.

Is there a workaround? If I had my local Starbucks convert the balances into physical cards (is that possible with Canadian card #s?) and then sought to transfer would that work?

ETA: If you find yourself in this position, I now know how to do it. I DM'ed the Starbucks Help Twitter rep and she confirmed that this can't be done online, but that she was happy to do it for me. The unexpected good news is that since these were in Canadian funds, after the exchange rate was factor in the cards were worth well more than the American dollar face value.

Last edited by cblaisd; Feb 12, 2016 at 2:58 pm