FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OK, I'm now officially spoiled... New York to LA on a Gulfstream-IV
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:39 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Looks like fun, SFO777!

I have to confess to a bit of ambivalence about this TR compared to your other, extremely enticing ones, though. In the spirit of YMMV, it's a personal travel thing rather than any criticism of your going this route.

I guess you'd have to be in the right mindset...for fun and socializing , not to mention avoiding the usual commercial air travel hassles.

Personally, I'm into more of the "settle in, say a quick hi to my seatmate, and then work, sleep, read or watch a movie(s)" mode on most trips. And I wonder about the relative hassles of a taxi to a helipad to a helicopter ride (again, ^) to a waiting room to a bus to the plane, and possibly sitting across from someone en route, compared with the usual travel/airport hassles.

Given the choice of this admittedly very First World problem, I'd probably opt for an upgraded commercial flight cross-country.

Having said all that, I could definitely see the appeal of this to a lot of folks.

And glad you had a great trip!