FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:17 am
chilledflyer

Programs: BA Gold / O6 Diamond
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
A few people on a message board couldn't select the seats they wanted for flights more than three days away. Yeah, let's sack the entire IT team.

Should Microsoft or Apple do the same every time they find a bug in one of their products?

What a massive overreaction
Agree to a certain extent! But I do hope BA will have a serious word with their IT team given the persistent problem, albeit an inconvenience, is impacting their frequent flyers. From a customer experience perspective, it hasn't been great. It's really not an experience one comes to associate with being a top tier member of a FFP.

Another data point, I called BA to try to sort out my seat selection on 4 bookings but to no avail. Emergency Exit rows were not greyed out on several of my flights but the agent wasn't able to get the seat selection to stick. She initially thought it was the "club curtain" problem but having looked through several of my bookings, she quickly realised that that wasn't case and she escalated the problem to her manager. At least she was very apologetic about it.

Let's hope this problem gets sorted soon but I'm keeping my expectations very low.