FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Compensation Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:30 am
sethb
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by kmersh
Route: DFW-ATL
Fare: A Fare
What Happened: I boarded the flight to find a hand written sign on my seat notating that the seat was out of order. The FA said she did mention it to the Gate Agent in DFW and that they were waiting for a Mechanic, but that the Mechanic in ATL was unable to fix it quickly thus the left with it inop, so she was not holding out much hope. The Mechanic did arrive, played with the seat a little and said that it needed to be fixed in ATL and I would have to have another seat. The Gate Agent pulled me off the flight and put me on the next flight to ATL as the flight was sold out and already late with lots of connections, I went to the SkyClub and the Agent there put me on a Non-stop AA flight and I looged into my DELTA SkyMiles account today I now have 10K miles, how they found my ancient DELTA account I have no idea or why they gave me now orphaned 10K miles is beyond me. I was happy with the AA flight.
Compensation: 10,000 Miles
Would this count as IDB? The flight was oversold for the number of seats actually available.