FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:32 pm
tMonk1

This is a minor amusement. Successful BRG at Comfort Inn Peterborough Ontario, Canada (university town near lake country, betwixt and between Ottawa and Toronto) - king suite with spa bath.Approval quick and easy. A friend booked the same room for a different season and also had quick approval.
Next thing I know I get an email from the guest services manager asking if she might inquire as to how I made my reservation. I responded saying I booked the room on their website and within 24 hours I found the same room for price about $10 cheaper on a third party website with the same conditions. Filed a BIRG claim and was approved. No website names mentioned.
Then I get this response:

"The suite that Choice reserved for you is not sold on Booking.com. 3rd party sites only have access to our King Suites and not our Jacuzzi Suites. When you were reserving was the description indicating both rooms were Jacuzzi Suites?
I am only asking as you are not the first guest to do a best rate guarantee inquiry for this exact room so I am just trying to figure out how to solve this problem."

Well, duh, if you read the King Suite room listing on booking.com and at least two other 3rd-party site it states that there is a spa bath with the King Suite. Far as I know the listing remains the same - so if anyone is thinking of coming to the Peterborough area to visit the Canadian Canoe Museum....better move fast they have a real bright light on the case.
PS this property seems to think they are really clever because they have a "special promotion" that takes 10% off if you stay 1 night or more. Seems ridiculous that they don't just put the lowest rate in front of the consumer. Third-party sites like booking.com have the 10% off rate listed. I'm confident Choice will not renege because they were able to find and confirm the rate.