FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Experiences With TSA Harassment During the Super Bowl?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:18 pm
Schmurrr

Is TSA expanding the BDO program in general? I have encountered rather aggressive BDOs on my last two trips through a TSA checkpoint. "Where are you going? How long will you be gone? Is this a work trip? Are you traveling alone? Did you pack your own bags? What do you think of the weather today?"

FWIW, I asked the first BDO why it mattered if I answered or not. He demanded that I answer. I told his supervisor later that I did not like TSA employees demanding answers to irrelevant questions and my travel details did not need to be announced in front of everybody else at the checkpoint; she confirmed that he was a BDO and said she'd talk to him. I asked the second BDO if he was a BDO. He said, "I might be. You know about the BDO program?" Then he asked me what I thought about the BDO program. I wasn't sure how to answer that at first, but I eventually said I'd read the GAO report. He acknowledged the existence of that report but did not otherwise comment on it. Another TSA employee at the same checkpoint later started asking me more questions. "What's your job?" Etc. He kept asking until I asked him if he was a BDO, too.

Sorry for the ramble or if this has been discussed elsewhere in the past few months! I've not been here in a long while, and I suspect there's a lot of TSA news I need to catch up on.