FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:54 am
fransknorge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I would be grateful for some advice to rethink my *A FFP strategy.
I am currently EBS (qualifications with segments) and used my Miles for last minute short haul award on SK metal. I use EB more for the miles than for status, although the EBS and *S benefits were useful to me a few times.

I got on EB 10 years ago when I was living in Norway. Moved to ABZ more than a year ago and kept EB as I do regular ABZ-SVG trips. I also use LH quite a bit. My main FFP is with BA (Silver, OWS) and will still probably be for long-haul flights plus flights to the UK.
I will move in a couple of weeks near FRA. I will still fly with SK a bit I guess (for trips to SVG) but I expect that my amount of flights with LH will increase as I shift my SH flying from BA to LH (week-end city breaks, trips to France to visit family, some work trips).

So my question is: should I stop using EB and start putting all my miles in another FFP ? LH M&M seems bad for me based on what I read (high surcharges on SH redemption, low mileage earning for SH cheap bucket fare). A status match to another *A using BA Silver ?
Or do I continue with EB ? The problem is that I qualify with segments and I forecast less SK segments and more LH ones (which do not count towards qualifications).

(1) What is your home airport? It will be FRA
(2) What types of fares do you usually buy? usually cheap Economy fare for SH, for LH it is a mix of Y, Y+ and J
(3) How many miles do you usually fly each year? Around 70k, currently 70% of that is on BA/OW.
(4) Do you have any kind of status at present? What is it? EBS, BA Silver
(5) What is most important to you in a FFP?
- As a main FFP: Priority services, Lounge access, Upgrade using Miles, Good redemption w/o surcharges
- Secondary FFP: Last minute SH redemption
(6) Which routes do you fly most often? SK to Norway, LH within rest of Europe, BA to UK. Also do 3-4 Longhaul trips a year (US, Asia).
(7) Preferred Airlines: any Star Alliance is OK
(8) Do you travel for work or pleasure? both
(9) Can you chooose your airlines? Yes