FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much insurance coverage for award travel: SYD to SJC?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:17 am
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"Just by paying taxes with CC, I am going to get a travel ins? I never heard of it. Which cars issues travel ins for paying taxes?"

Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Mileage Plus Explorer are two that I know of.

"I don't know if questions can be answered by questions"

Perhaps not, but some questions cannot be answered at all if they are too general. While you certainly do not have to share anything personal with the forum, are you certain that the "potential scenario" you are concerned about is a covered peril under any travel insurance you can purchase? And when you ask "how much insurance?", have you found companies that offer different amounts of coverage on a travel-insurance policy? And what are you trying to insure against? The cost of additional food and lodging in SYD? The fees to re-deposit your miles? The cost of purchasing last-minute cash tickets if you cannot find award seats on your new departure date?