FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:45 am
gilbertaue

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
The policy overall is not so much a deal - I mean there are reasons why they don't allow children into nightclubs either.

And I am not arguing if they should or should not and also not whom it ultimately benefits or does not benefit.

What I have an issue with is that:

1) If that is a policy, it needs to be very well publicized. It isn't at all.
Imagine your frustration in booking something to then reach and being told otherwise.

2) Consistency. A Novotel is a mid level business hotel in the overall rank of things. It advertises itself as a family hotel ("Children stay for free...", "Children eat for free" etc). Novotels have not been as strong in advertising themselves as business hotels.
Just like how the Sofitels in Melbourne and Sydney make their own policies on lounge access for plats (at least its openly mentioned), this Novotel makes its policy by itself too and does not publicize it.
I stay in a chain hotel for consistency - and that I dont see here.

And where does it stop? It simply shows that Accor HQ is not on top of things.

Where Starwood over the last days very quickly clamped down the on the Sheraton in Taipei on serving sharksfin - the Starwood policy banned that in 2014, I dont see Accor having such a power over their hotels.
So what is the Accor policy for Novotels? Children in the lounge or no children in the lounge?

IF I KNOW, then I can decide. But I sure don't like finding out the day I arrive.