FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:42 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by arlflyer
There is NO blow-them-away amazing hhonors property in NYC, unfortunately.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by joscofra
It's not necessarily luxury I'm looking for, but a special experience. Great views would certainly be part of that, as would great service where one feels well-treated and taken care of without anything over-the-top that could make someone less used to pampering feel uncomfortable. And a spacious room, suite preferably, if they want to hang out there longer.
You're going to have to go outside Hilton for a "special" NYC experience.

Originally Posted by Miesque
There is only one window and its in the bedroom (its not even the full width of the room or floor to ceiling windows). I would never recommend the place solely for the view and I love staying here (in fact I only pay the extra for the room when rates are really cheap).
I like the view if you can get a room on the southwest (i.e, downtown riverside) corner, but agree it is nothing spectacular. More peaceful, really. Pretty nice at sunset and early morning when things are quiet.

I will add that the one time I paid $500+ per night at this property it was during one of those really generous HHonors promotions, and I scored over 60K points on a three night stay. That eased the pain of overpaying for the room somewhat