FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CheapOair.com refused to give me refund after canceling my tickets
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:49 pm
lenash

CheapOair.com refused to give me refund after canceling my tickets

There were two major errors regarding my flight booking, for which CheapOair must be held responsible.

Firstly, there was very misleading information on CheapOair’s website, which forced me to have to change my flight after purchase. During my booking process, the first flight segment prominently displayed the flight number and airline logo of Air Canada (the “Maple Leaf” logo). According to Canadian regulations [1], flying with select airlines such as Air Canada would exempt me from having to apply for a Canada “transit” visa.

However, after I completed the booking process (including payment), I was very surprised to find out that the flight in question was not Air Canada, but was instead operated by United Express. Flying with United Express would NOT exempt me from the requirement to apply for a Canada “transit” visa..As a result, I was forced to change my flight after purchase. This is the first error for which CheapOair is responsible.

Secondly, my decision to cancel the ticket in question was entirely based on the (false) promise of CheapOair agents, who assured me that I would get a full refund (less some service fee). I had the confirmation emails they sent me with such a promise. Note that only after receiving their promise of a full refund, did I agree to let CheapOair agents cancel my tickets. Before the agents cancelled my tickets, I was not told that I cannot get a refund at all. See the problem here? Should they tell me that I cannot get a refund at first, I would NEVER choose to cancel this ticket. Now I am out BOTH the ticket and my money (i.e. the ticket is cancelled by CheapOair, and I receive no refund). This is NOT acceptable! It is the second error for which CheapOair is responsible.

To sum up, both the reason I was forced to change my ticket and the reason I decided to cancel my tickets were due to CheapOair’s errors, for which they must be held responsible. I demand that CheapOair issue me the full refund as promised in their confirmation emails.

[1] http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...ligibility.asp