FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card (2016 onward)
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:08 am
Big4Flyer

Just one more data point (as if there aren't enough already) to support why you should just call in instead of trying to SM. The Chase executive line reps are awesome. I called to request the airline reimbursement credit for some tickets I purchased on Volaris. The rep asked what charges they were, never asked whether they were for incidentals or anything, just credited all $300 immediately. Boom, 4 roundtrip flights to Mexico City for a total of $32 out of pocket.

Then, as if that wasn't good enough, she said, "It looks like you were just charged a late fee as well." I was surprised by this, since I never carry a balance and had enrolled in auto-pay, but it turns out I hadn't done it in time for it to process for this statement. Without any prompting from me she said, "I see you have several of our cards and have never had a late payment before, so let me go ahead and waive this as well as your interest payment." I thanked her, and that was that. This is an awesome card, made even more so by the great Chase reps.