FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why did Southwest stop service to Key West?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:19 pm
PA42

Programs: I fly for free.
While you are conjuring up stories about boasting and arguing let me point out that over the course of 4 years I've posted pretty rarely + 99% of what I've posted is about setting the record straight, including in this thread. Not sure why you took it so personally, and I hope you realize that I have to decline to share exact revenue numbers on a public forum not because I love to keep secrets but because I have to.

That being said, Key West has been for quite a while a healthy market that commands a good enough premium that you can run load factors way below system average and still make healthy numbers.

And yes, you are right profits took a massive hit when the paint on the side of the 73G changed, but not because of market forces but because of operational inflexibility. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't think we really need to go back and forth at this point, Id be glad to continue the discussion further over PM and can probably tell you a bit more info on there if you want more inside info.