FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priceless Surprises Promotion
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:38 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miadukes
I want to agree with this but I also think of the unintended consequence of now everyone who got in on this promo might stay with IHG more often, atleast for me that is the case. I am looking at mainly IHG properties for my future trips altho I still have the Choice card and look at those as well but I had/have a trip planned for May that so far 5 out of 7 nights are booked at IHG properties, the other 2 i haven't booked yet but would most likely be IHG. So it might turn out a win for them. Oh and those properties I am paying for 4 nights (and 3 are on points that I bought(not free)) so yeah they've unintentionally made money off of me thanks to this promo.

I also have plans now to book a weekend at an IC in August for a surprise Anniversay stay so yeah, i don't doubt they/ve gained a lot more customers thanks to the promo. They would acutally be smart to do it again!
Make sure you also register the 2016 Acceleration Promotion - each one has a different set of tasks to complete to earn a final bonus. Mine is much easier than DH's so we would only do mine and forego his.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate16

The 2016 Acceleration started January 1st and runs thru Apr 30. I hope you have registered before any of your January onward stays, because a single stay in January would earn 5K pts for anyone, and that is outside the Task one needs to complete in order to win an additional bonus which is quite large for some people.