FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 master thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:02 pm
EsherFlyer

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by pinkcat
still cant make head nor tail of what the list is actually showing
I've edited it to try and add some clarity as to why it exists at all. Some of us already understand it, maybe more will at some point, and probably very few of us will ever need the whole table .

Originally Posted by KARFA
I think the stopping service option is a bit more niche and folks don't tend to come across them much - I have never done one myself. I think in 99% of cases people are going to stick to the non-stop >2000 mile services.

However I though what you posted was useful and therefore I wanted to link to it rather than try and write something myself.
I pretty much agree as well. One of the things I've learned / inferred by putting it together is that most of the routes probably have a better 210TP + 60TP option. I wasn't as aware of that before, so assuming knowledge is a good thing we're ahead.

I would suggest that a small subset of the routes may be worth calling out in the intro posts. Those mentioned here are potentially more useful because they start and end at a station that doesn't otherwise have accessible 2000+ segments.

Here are the stopping routes for them:
Code:
BOI -> PHX-BWI/AA618
BWI -> PHX-OAK/AA1974 PHX-ONT/AA2519 PHX-RNO/AA531
DTW -> PHX-OAK/AA493  PHX-OAK/AA531
FAT -> DFW-LGA/AA1201
OAK -> PHX-ATL/AA610  PHX-CMH/AA514  PHX-DTW/AA412
RNO -> PHX-FLL/AA553
RSW -> ORD-SNA/AA2360
SNA -> ORD-RSW/AA1076
It might be interesting to see how quickly they become out of date.

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Feb 9, 2016 at 6:52 pm