FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why did Southwest stop service to Key West?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:15 pm
texashoser

Originally Posted by PA42
Please start listening to what I am writing you. Especially when I write "this comes from the horses mouth.."

I am one of less than half a dozen people in this world that not only managed the original FL schedule into EYW + knew the P&L but also implemented the transition to WN metal and saw that P&L. What are your credentials other than flyertalk speculation and articles with generic quotes from people that only know what the public does?

Your statements on profitability are not accurate, neither is your speculation on allocating aircraft in this instance to other routes based on route performance.
Judging on your past posts, you like to boast a lot and argue. Perhaps I misspoke when I suggested load factor - I should have said profitability. It's really hard to make a profit when you have just three daily flights and one gate. How many current markets does WN serve with just three daily flights (CRP has a lowly four)? And of those markets, how many are seasonal like EYW?

So, since you were privy to those profit and loss numbers, how much revenue did those three daily flights bring in vs. expense?

By the way, I can't listen to what you write. I can only read what your write - and take it with a grain of salt, of course.