FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International layover at JFK?
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:13 am
Yoshi212

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Without the chip and previous visits under an ESTA he will not be able to use the kiosks. Since the trip is several months away it is possible to get a new passport (or a second one if the UK does such a thing) and then apply for Global Entry as that is a new possibility for UK citizens.
I suggest both of you get GE anyways to avoid possible immigration challenges. I'm assuming since you said he and your screen name is Dan that you're same sex partners which still has some challenges when it comes to US CBP. So you trying to take him through immigration in the US Citizen line is probably even worse of an idea with the current policies (some agents accept a couple on 1 form and reports have said other agents have rejected it).

Originally Posted by Dan1113
I have a US passport, and he has a British one. He's had ESTA before, but on an old British passport (that didn't have a chip - new one does). Would he still be able to use this?