FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA - The 2016 Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:28 am
henkybaby
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Today in BKK at the Royal Silk lounge there was a guy traveling in Y with his girlfriend. I'm guessing they were around 25 or so. He had the poshest British accent ever. He was complaining that he could not access the lounge (rather loudly) and the staff tried to explain that he either needed to travel in business or have status with the airline. He wanted to know if he had enough miles to 'buy Gold'.

I was just about to help him out when he started whining about how he always got in with his daddy and how daddy was incredibly important in Britain and how TG would come to regret this. His - soon to be ex - girlfriend looked terribly embarrassed. Maybe I should have guested her in. He went on being terribly insulting without ever using bad language, like only you Brits can. In the end he was removed by security. I any of you have a son traveling with a gf in Y on *A tonight from BKK: teach the lad some manners.

PS: moved to the new CX lounge here and I must say 'wow'. They hit a home run again. Love it.