FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Knee defender" prevents reclining seatbacks
Old Oct 1, 2003, 6:54 am
Westcoaster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dhammer53:
If the 'recliner' stays reclined the majority of the flight (and not for sleeping), I'm sure to grab a hold of the top of his/her seat so that I can try and get out of mine.

Surly that little bit of inconvience to the recliner is all I can do to 'get even' (cough) for my extended inconvience.

And you can also 'adjust' your food tray multiple times.
</font>
And you can also find it necessary to stuff things into the pocket on the seat in front of you multiple times during the flight.

I too use the grab-the-seat-to-help-me-get-up strategy, but only on the worst offenders. These aren't the people who recline just a bit to get a better angle for their back. These are the people who jam their seat all the way back without looking first and then leave the seat that way even during meal service.

I got a real jerk in front of me last year who resisted bringing his seat up just for meal service in spite of the fact that the FA asked him to. Most people aren't like that, fortunately.