FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Immigration&Customs/Turnaround at Barbados (BGI)
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:39 pm
corncob

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Questions:
1) Yes. The connections lane is on the extreme right side of the immigration hall. Have your itinerary or BP ready because the immigration officer may ask to see it. Note that immigration can be slow in BGI, but so can customs.
2) No. Everyone uses the same queue for outbound immigration and security screening.
Considerations:
1) in theory.
2) See above. Customs can be very slow and there is no "nothing to declare" lane.
3) You should be able to verify this in advance on your airline`s website. Some airlines allow you to check in on-line, but not to print your BP for the outstations. Some airlines do have kiosks in BGI, but not all. It is about 100-150 metres from the arrivals exit (turn right) to the check-in desks.
4) You shouldn't need to run.

But it is a shame to go all the way to Beautiful Barbados and not stay for a couple of days.
--
13F
Thanks for the details, that's exactly what I was looking for. In light of this, I've ended up putting a fare on hold going to PTY instead (with a longer turnaround), as I was a bit untrusting of the connection when combined with the fact that I had another issue with the routing anyway.

Definitely agreed on it being a shame to not spend time there. I absolutely plan to come back and hit in the next few years, but for this I'm just trying to tack a cost-effective AA mileage run onto my trip back to the States (I'm working in Australia right now so options are limited there). Plus, 5 days after this I'll be in Costa Rica for 12 days ^