FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - National does not care about long term loyalty
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:30 pm
BugsyPal

Originally Posted by labjr1
I have been a long term executive elite member of National - this week for the first time I had an issue with being overbilled. I have placed 4 calls to billing, received 3 different answers and there was not a single concern over losing a long term loyal customer. I even called the loyalty program and they were happy to register my complaint, but of course could care less if I stay with National. I was actually shocked to learn how little it means to National to keep a loyal long term customer.

My post is simply to alert others that your status and history at National has no meaning to them. When I call Marriott or Delta, my status does mean something and they are always happy to accommodate and at least try to address an issue. National on the other hand could care less. As long as things go smoothly they are a nice company to rent from, but if you have a billing issue - buyer beware!
Well it just must be *you*, since I've never had a problem with CS from National. This goes from local counter agents and or manager all the way up to member services.

When it comes to billing issues you should go back to the location where the final contract was entered. They are the ones who created the charge and can reverse if necessary. For the record have never failed to have been told or overhear from a counter rep final charges. That and or when I've received an email receipt and questioned a charge by getting the local office on telephone it has always been resolved. This could be anything from a fuel charge that shouldn't have occurred to being charged for an extra day due to supposedly returning late.