FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:02 pm
Brendan88

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan88
I stayed at the Novotel for 2 nights also during the haze. Had booked a Superior room, a few days before my arrival I got an email to upgrade. Selected one room up which was free due to status.
At the hotel they did nothing for a loyal visitor. I showed my card to hint the guy behind the check in desk but eventually no upgrade, no drinks and no fruit/chocolates in the room. When in my room I checked for room availability and all types of rooms were available.
Later on when I walked past the check in desk and started to chat with a "staff member"(edit) whom sat behind the desk opposite the check in. She only just moved back to Singapore after working in other hotels (details removed). We talked about not getting any advantages and she told me that the staff in Singapore deliberately does not live up to the Accor program. Then she briefly paused and said "it's better that I'd not go into the details".
She gave me a drink voucher after that.

Other staff members (especially the lady at the breakfast desk) are clearly not having fun at their job, after 2 night you start to feel just as depressed as the staff there.

I also had the same issues with the shower. And during the night my air con gave up, it had to do with the centralized control system I was told. Issue was solved during the day but the maintenance guy did not clean up after and even left his tools in the room.

One last thing, I asked for the invoice at checkout, was told that because the room was pre-paid I had to get it from my travel agent that booked the room. I booked the room on the Accor website…. Told him that (and the guy next to him) and his replay was that it was not possible because I did not pay in the hotel. Eventually he asked another colleague whom also told me it was not possible but eventually they gave in and printed the invoice. Very strange.
I gave the hotel a second chance, it was lots better than my first stay in October last year. Did not need to ask for an upgrade and they even gave me a double upgrade. Drinks voucher was given on arrival and staff eas friendlier. So they have made improvements.