FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Immigration&Customs/Turnaround at Barbados (BGI)
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:54 pm
corncob

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Immigration&Customs/Turnaround at Barbados (BGI)

I'm looking at flying a mileage run in/out of BGI on the same day, and am looking for insight about the BGI airport that relates to a same-day turnaround. The itinerary I have on hold has a 90 minute turnaround in BGI, arriving at 1:30pm and leaving at 3pm. Without a checked bag, and by sitting at the front of the inbound plane, is this doable? I understand there will always be a risk of a traffic jam at immigration, I'm just looking for anecdotes and maybe someone that has flown into BGI around that time without a checked bag. Almost all the information on BGI customs that I've found has to do with people connecting to/from island-hopping flights with checked luggage. I definitely wouldn't try to do that in 90 minutes, but these experiences don't really match the circumstances I'm looking at.

Questions:
1) Is there a separate immigration exit for transiting passengers?
2) Are there any priority security lines at BGI for the departure?

Considerations:
1) I'll be taking the same flight into and out of BGI. So if it's delayed a good amount coming in, it will likely be delayed a similar amount (maybe a bit less) going out.
2) No checked luggage. So hopefully won't have a wait after immigration and can breeze through customs.
3) I should be able to check in online or from MIA before my inbound flight to BGI. Without needing to check-in or check a bag, I should be good once I'm at the departures area.
4) I'm still spry enough to run for a gate if I need to.