FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:45 am
arlflyer

Originally Posted by joscofra
thanks for all the responses. The Millenium might be an option, but reading reviews and looking at the rankings on tripadvisor I don't understand why there isn't more enthusiasm for the Conrad. It seems like it's significantly above the other options in the neighborhood. Is it because it's very expensive? Or are there other problems?
The main thing at least speaking for myself is that many of us have been spoiled by the Conrad brand standard, especially internationally. Then there is this property - no lounge, poor breakfast benefit, and while the hard product isn't bad, it's still a converted ES, not exactly something you're gonna tell the grandkids about one day.

Originally Posted by joscofra
The trip is for a special occasion so I'm looking for a place where there really wouldn't be any disappointments.
There is NO blow-them-away amazing hhonors property in NYC, unfortunately. We don't know the standard of luxury that you're looking for, but if you really want to go upscale (true 5-star), you'll probably have to go outside the brand...and pay for it. The best you will do within the hhonors portfolio, I agree with others, is probably the Millenium.