FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:49 pm
LarkSFO

Originally Posted by Saash
Staying here in April, thinking of booking a Gold room with lounge access. Not sure it's worth it though. Is the Gold lounge any good? Food, drinks? Cheers!
Gold floor drinks are honor system, not complimentary. However, this hotel has a nice liquor / beer / wine selection.

The view from this Gold Floor is good, if you appreciate that during your time there.

Breakfast is good, nice variety. 'Dinner' / Hors d'oeuvre is good as well - we stop by here early evening, and the go out of the hotel to dine later. I guess you could make a dinner out of it if you really wanted to. Later in the evening a nice selection of desserts.

If it is a $50 difference in room price, I would definitely go for it. If the differential is $150 per night, then I would not go for it.

The staff on the Gold floor is also friendly and helpful.

PS We have only ever stayed on the Gold Floor (or had access) during our stays here. Either with a Gold upgrade cert, or paying the difference, it has always worked out for us and we have not been disappointed / felt we did not get good value.