FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Ever Get Turned Down for Global Entry?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:28 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by ellingwood
A little less than five years ago I was nailed by the AZ highway patrol for possession of marijuana (maybe half a joint's worth) and possession of marijuana paraphernalia (an apple that had been used as a pipe). A K9 officer pulled me over for doing 76 in a 75 and laid down some cold-hearted justice. I was ticketed but not arrested. I hired a lawyer to fight the charges but lost and was convicted of two misdemeanors. In December 2012, my lawyer successfully filed a motion to have my convictions "set aside". Long story short, the whole thing sucked.

Now I'm interested in using a global entry reimbursement perk. I am an employed, clean-cut, and well-spoken taxpayer, but given my dark and heinous criminal past, I'm not sure if the application process is worth my time. After reading this thread, my inclination is that I should just settle for TSApre.

Has anyone received GE with a marijuana possession ticket?
I'd say still give it a shot, just detail-- completely-- every aspect of your history in this context in the application, downplaying or omitting absolutely nothing.