FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The FT Edinburgh Do 2016 - Saturday 07 May
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:57 pm
chris1979

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by rapidex
Quote:

Originally Posted by BotB

It will be the large crowd of smiling, happy engaging people enjoying themselves immensely with all shapes, genders and such. (so well out of place for your typical pub!)

Do come along, they are great fun and by no means is it all talk about flying...you get to meet some very interesting people from all walks of life that you would never otherwise meet but share an interest in aviation and travel.

Echo the comments on meeting people that later become great friends that have enriched my life since. Wish I had known earlier.

Also, some people are content to listen, others to talk, etc...so no need to be the one centre stage for those that are a bit of the shy sort...

At least once every DO, you'll end up laughing so hard it hurts from one story / experience or another...its an FT guarantee.

+1.

Plus you will be accosted in lounges around the world,

You will also be convinced to go on mad trips to the other side of the world just so we (Ftiers) can drink all the champers on board and in the lounge,and block off the premium seats from real customers
I didn't accost you - i just said hello before our babybus flight (and subsequent day by the pool and lunch together)! ;-)