FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska's Jesus cards, are they finally gone?
Old Aug 22, 2003, 11:42 pm
cattle

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by birdstrike:
I would much rather believe that the airline was more concerned about what happened to me -before- I died, then after.
</font>
Maybe they are doing both at the same time I wasn't a Christian at the time I last flew AS and it didn't bother me in the least.

On AC we get a note about this or that business highlight (ie. an IBM or BMW announcement of some sort) from time to time. Do I feel outraged by this? Nope. It's no different for the "Jesus" cards you talk about except people "choose" to get fired up about religion being forced on them.

No once forces you to be of any religon when flying AS as far as I have heard. You know what the card is when it is on your AS tray so you can make the choice not to read it. If it offends anyone who flies AS then they should vote with their $$$ and loyalty. Also, do the FA's come around asking you if you would like to believe in Jesus? I didn't think so.

This thread has the potential to turn ugly and it's not my intention to fuel it. I am trying to say make the Jesus card a Visa application every time and ask yourself if you would feel like you were being forced to apply for a card and increased credit. If you really don't like it then just don't read it. Is it that hard?