FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France is specifically taking care of their Elite plus customers
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:41 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
That's all I've seen in recent years on AF MH flights. Did they improve things recently?
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'll admit to being a bit puzzled too - did they actually serve you some good Champagne? I think the last one I had on AF C within Europe was Devaux and frankly, that's nothing to write home about either. And while indeed they have thankfully got rid of the plastic glasses (amen) it wasn't a flute either.
I haven't seen a small bottle of champagne on AF for about 15 years. They were using those at the time you had free champagne in Y in European flights.
For the glass, I have never seen champagne served in plastic glass on AF, even for the pre-departure drink (long-haul, or medium-haul when they were still doing it). But, Orbitmic is right : they don't use a flute (only in P long-haul ), just a regular glass.
For the brand, I sincerely don't remember what it was and I didn't say it was something to write home about. It was certainly not a Bollinger or Dom Perignon or another "fancy" brand. But it was a good champagne.