FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seeking advice from the Experts on Bumping!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:41 pm
jsk1973
Suspended

Originally Posted by cj1099
I am exhausted, i have given this to airhelp. i will let everyone know the outcome. I believe this is absolutely terrible what they have put myself and my daughter through.

There was a time when i was working and traveling quite frequently Delta was my preferred airline, now i will be vehemently be boycotting and spreading the word how they treat young adults. And all I do is visit college campuses, now.

For those, who saw the truth , thanks for your support.
cj
I don't mean any disrespect, but it helps not to get so personally invested in little problems like this. Something obviously went wrong here, but the net result was that your daughter waited 7 hours in an airport, which happens all the time for all sorts of reasons. This simply isn't anything worth getting "exhausted" or "vehement" over.

There also isn't a scintilla of evidence that Delta has a pattern of doing this — or that it would have been less likely to occur on AA or UA — so "spreading the word" about a "boycott" would be kind of silly.

(Note: I've flown Delta maybe twice in the past five years. I'm not a DL loyalist or apologist.)