FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France is specifically taking care of their Elite plus customers
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:07 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by stimpy
To be clear, when I say free pour I mean a full bottle of Laurent Perrier being correctly poured into a proper Champagne flute. Not a tiny bottle of cheaper Champagne handed to you along with a plastic cup.
I'm wondering if we have flown the same airline Last time I took RAM in C, and that was only a couple of months ago, the Champagne was not Laurent Perrier but Heidseck Monopole which is pretty ghastly stuff, and it was served in short stemmed wine glasses, not narrow flutes (admittedly better than a tumbler but nowhere near a flute).

On the plus side, they had a nice millefeuille for dessert though!

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I am neither talking about a small bottle of Champagne, nor about a cheap brand or a plastic cup
I'll admit to being a bit puzzled too - did they actually serve you some good Champagne? I think the last one I had on AF C within Europe was Devaux and frankly, that's nothing to write home about either. And while indeed they have thankfully got rid of the plastic glasses (amen) it wasn't a flute either.