FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel Warsaw
Thread: Sofitel Warsaw
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:46 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ioto1902
I'm also a plat member, and I would also ask "is it sooo important" ?
I never check upper room availability, I never expect upgrades. So, 3/4 of the times, I get a good surprise at check-in.
I scarcely use the drink voucher. I never touch the fruit basket. I only require a big bottle of water at reservation stage and it is indeed always prepared as a complimentary gesture. And quite often, I get extras without asking. Last time was a box of macarons.
Of course, I have my way, you have your way.
For your reference, I spend 70/80 nights per year.
There is nothing wrong with "your way" of course. But loyalty programs are done to to have loyal customers and, in order to achieve this objective, the program provides incentives and benefits. Thanks to those, the customer may prefer to stay with the hotel chain who provide those advantages. And the more you stay, the higher status in the program you reach and the more recognition you get to thank you for being a loyal customer and one of the best customer of the group.
If you stay in hotels who are reluctant to provide the benefits, and worse are lying to you : fine no problem I can give my business to another hotel chain. There are plenty who are taking good care of their loyal customers.
I don't deserve any "special treatment", I think I just deserve what I am entitled to as per the program rules, knowing that I spend a very significant amount of money at Accor every year and this for many years. We certainly do not have to face lies, reluctance for poor reasons and we shouldn't have to beg for things. And unfortunately, this is still way too frequent.