FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL award availability
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:52 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I think it is a correction of an error, and we are now back to normal. Why should the release all seats that far out? A lot of paid first class travel will be late to last minute bookings or rebookings that JL would want to be able to accommodate. From time to time there are these spikes in availability, but they usually disappear quickly again.
Originally Posted by Goosh
I noticed the same today, but I also noticed that close in availability has been extended a bit. Before, last minute seats didn't up until maybe 3 or 4 days out from departure date depending on loads. Now I'm seeing coveted routes like LAX-NRT available up to 10 days out and other routes even further out. Maybe they are fine tuning or just trying to keep us on our toes.
Originally Posted by JALPak
Exactly! Glad that they fixed it much faster this time. Took them much longer to realized their mistake last time.
Oh I don't blame them at all. Just means I need to rethink my strategy for getting home from DPS in 6 weeks. I was planning on being able to get it done before leaving but now might just have to monitor while traveling and book return flights during the trip.

All good though!