FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seeking advice from the Experts on Bumping!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:08 pm
sethb
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by cj1099
ok, my you guys are a suspicious lot, but nothing is missing here!! And nothing is withholding from my daughter- i am truly certain of that. She is not my only child, and i have years of experience working with children.

but hope this helps. On a earlier email from delta this is their excuse::

Thank you for your additional comments. I appreciate the opportunity to provide you more information and to specifically address why the compensation you are referencing is not due. The EU compensation you are referring to is only due to a passenger who was involuntarily denied boarding due to an oversale of a flight. Delta Flight 99 on July 7 was not in an oversold situation. Our records show there was a technical problem with the check-in system at the gate, and the agents were unable to resolve the issue in time for Kathryn to board the flight. Again, I'm so sorry for your disappointment.

Now, does this help clear things up???
does, this help clear up things up??
Yes, it helps clear things up. Delta has admitted that the error was theirs ("technical problem") and therefore (though they haven't admitted it yet) compensation is due.

It's too bad EU261 doesn't have an additional penalty for "bad faith".